PrerequisiteIntroduction to GD&T per ASME Y14.5-2009
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able:
- Calculate minimum and maximum wall thicknesses, air spaces and interferences for assemblies.
- Create loop analysis/circuit diagrams for tolerance stack-up analysis for both plus and minus tolerance dimensions and geometric tolerances.
- Create both simple and complex number charts for stack-up analysis using a variety of geometric tolerances, basic dimensions, resultant conditions, virtual conditions and plus and minus tolerance dimensions.
- Apply tolerance stack-up analysis for floating fastener situations for clearance holes, screws and shafts.
- Apply tolerance stack-up analysis for fixed fastener situations using, screws, clearance holes, slots, tabs, overall dimensions and projected tolerance zones for threaded holes.
- Calculate minimum and maximum gaps for assemblies that use a variety of datum structures.
- Apply a system of logic and mathematics to analyze tolerances
Applications in Stack-up Analysis
- Fastener application ( fixed and floating)
- Virtual condition (resulting condition)
- Vector (tolerance)
- Tolerance Stack-up analysis
- Shaft/bearing alignment calculations
- Assembly application
- Composite tolerance
- Shift and tilt considerations
$2,400 plus $40/person for textbook (If required-trainer travel, lodging and meals not included)
Flexible; minimum of 4-hour training blocks